Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kopai 'Ega'ega - Caramel Kopai


This is probably my favourite kopai. It's like eating dessert for breakfast.


The dumplings are paired with a milky caramel sauce.


I admit, I don't really know what the proper name for this is. In my house, it was always just called kopai. So, to differentiate the kopai recipes on this blog, I've called this one Kopai 'Ega'ega (brown kopai) or Kopai 'Ena'ena if you're being polite, but if anyone out there knows the proper name, please let me know.


Serve around half a dozen puka with a bowlful of sosi.


11 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I've made dumplings before for chicken noodle soup, but I think your last couple of posts have convinced me to give this version a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do...sweet dumplings are not just Samoan, but I think people usually make a thicker sauce, not a soup-type thing like we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I know this might be a silly question but for the 1/2 c of boiling water do you just take that out of the 4 cups of water the puka is boiling in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valid question...When I tested this recipe, I used a fresh lot of boiling water...but if that seems like too much trouble, just boil 4.5 cups to begin with, and do it your way...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry but where do I find the recipe cause it's not showing in my browser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. shot panipopoz!!..this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stupid question...I can't see the recipe. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing.. recipe please?

      Delete
  8. Hi can you put up the recipe please :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. malo please put the recipe up so me and my class can make these food so i can share my culture with these kids in my class please visit our blog
    room1hns.blogspot
    and put the recipe up please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you please put the measurements? I have no idea how to make kopai egaega or kopai susugu

    ReplyDelete