Monday, September 20, 2010

Keke pua'a video

So I've been seriously procrastinating with this video because everytime I sat down at the computer, the last thing I felt like doing was a video edit. I found every excuse in the book to put it off. Gotta check my emails. Gotta order some stuff online. Gotta check my Visa balance to see if I can afford to order stuff online. Gotta see what's going on with those trapped miners in Chile. 47 days and no end in sight! No way! Hey, I wonder if anyone is on Skype? Gotta check out the current exchange rate. Ooh, and maybe I'll just see how much airfares are to Tahiti.

I admit, it's embarrassing how much of my adult life has been wasted surfing this never-ending playground called the internet.

But you know what finally lit a fire under my butt to get this video done? It was this comment on Youtube. It was posted under my suafa'i vid because, due to aforementioned procrastination, my keke pua'a one hadn't been posted. Aufdieinsel wrote:

i couldn't wait for you to put your keke puaa video up. so i just went ahead with the one on your blog and tried it. HEAVEN! your dough for some reason is better than the chinatown one. it's more bready???? lol. we've had it for 2 days now and my flatmates are all "kay kay" puaa'ed out! thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Now is that cool or WHAT?!?!
Like someone actually cares about what I do on my blog!
Like someone actually tried a recipe that was here!
And it worked!!!
YIPPEE!

So thanks to aufdieinsel, here, finally, after a week of trying to avoid it, is the video for how to make keke pua'a.


Now the blog can move on!

18 comments:

  1. OMGosh...THANKS again Panipopz! This recipe is absolutely YUMMO! The dough is soooo soft and and like aufdieinsel said, it's really breaddy! Lol. I've made the panipopo's & now the keke pua'a and my kids think I'm jst the best mum EVER! So thanks for sharing your recipes and for taking the time to do so. Much appreciated!!!
    PS. My friends on FB LOVE your recipes too. You're a hit panipopz! ;-)
    Fa'afetai, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene, you are soooo welcome. Thanks again for sharing my blog on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe. I've been craving for keke pua'a. Too bad we don't have turkey tail here in New Mexico for . LOL. But thank goodness that now I have the recipe, I'll definitely try it out. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous...this is your future self. Turkey tail are off cuts palangis WONT eat...for a good reason: they lead to obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Palangis are very bots.

      Delete
  4. You're welcome. Hope your keke pua'a work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome...im in the UK and miss home..these vids are gonna help me make all the delicous food si miss..thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  6. no worries...that's exactly why I started this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for sharing your recipes...I have an aunty who knows how to make all the samoan food but just won't share the recipes...the funny thing is I've tried your recipes and I've been told that I make better panipopo etc and it's because you sharing your knowledge and I'm more than willing to share these recipes...thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very welcome...Please share our food with anyone and everyone...I don't want Samoan cuisine to die out because people went to their graves with their top-secret recipes...lol..Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you so much going to try it today and try to surprise my husband he loves them and living in N.C. there's no place he can find them....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your cooking! Hope you and your husband enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi can i ask for your kekepuaa recipes pleas...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to trying these, will definitely be cheaper than buying cos everyone always wants at least 3 and that way i can be extra generous with the filling, yay!!! Will def post pics when i'm done woohoo, thanks for sharing your awesome receipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best with the keke pua'a! Definitely send your photos through when you're done...would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your blog! I have been eating so many of your dishes and I am hooked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woowoo,this is yami,I can't believe how smart you are pagipopo,everythings you make it's perfect,thank you so much for your wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  16. im in my early 20s and I wanted to learn how to make this. since I live in a different city from my mom, grandma and aunts =) so I thought it would be easier to look for video =). I don't know if the answer is somewhere on this website, but my question is, does every filling have to be fully cooked b4 adding it in?

    ReplyDelete