Monday, July 12, 2010

Vaifala - Pineapple Drink

By panipopos

The Womens' Committee for our church used to do an annual tour of everyone's houses. In the week leading up to this tour, my mother would do a complete revamp of our house, wiping every surface in the house, cleaning walls and the ceiling (!), trimming and weeding out the garden, even scrubbing and detailing the outside walls and windows. After the Women's Committee had inspected our house, my mother would serve them this refreshing Samoan drink. Perfect for a hot summer's day and the end of a long week of cleaning.





http://panipopos.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. I made this for my mother in law on day becuase she was talking about missing the islands. This and some masi samoa and she was soo happy. Thanks for all the receipes. I now have this page on favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love this drink it reminds me of Apia, Samoa when i use to drink this all the time YUMMM thank you for putting this recipe up. i've been missing this for allllllong time Calfa

      Delete
    2. No problem Nohelani. This drink always takes me back too.

      Delete
  2. Thx for the comment...This is one of my favourite drinks too...reminds me of my mother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to try this recipe for my husband! He always talks about drinking this when he was younger.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. Hope he likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOve These This is the only thing i Drink... Lmbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you please repost the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Growing up in rural(kuaback) Samoa, this is a special treat on sunday to'ona'i.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Namo. It brings back memories for me too.

      Delete
  8. I'm looking to make some easy recipes from different Pacific Islands with my 7th grade students on Guam. Can you please repost the recipe for this drink, as I only see pictures now?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete