Thursday, November 11, 2010

Koko Araisa video

By panipopos

As soon as you add Koko Samoa to boiling water, a chocolatier-than-chocolate smell fills the room. It's a smell that takes you back home to when you were a little kid lapping up your bowl of koko araisa, and running back to the kitchen for more. It's a warm smell, reminiscent of cosy family nights in, or weekend breakfasts, or afternoon tea at church. Even the smell of cold koko araisa brings back memories of after school snacks, leftovers at a cousins house, or just those times when I would sneak in a cup before everyone else woke up. You know what Koko Samoa smells like? It smells like home.



http://panipopos.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. I finally made this tonight. It was so so very good, my kids loved it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for "Samoan chocolate rice pudding". That's great to hear your kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the video! What's the measurements of the ingredients in the video? How much rice, water, sugar, Koko, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing,I made a lots of coco rice here,bt didn't have a samoan cocoa,I wish we have,cause samoan cocoa make a lots of different,I luv samoan fud

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love samoan cocoa rice,I made a lots but the problem is dont have samoan cocoa,that one is make really big different,yaaaami Samoa fud,thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited I found your blog. Thank you!! Makes me miss my Mum and her cooking even more. Going to try all your recipes so my kids grow up on Samoan food too. Any chance you could post how to make kopai? Fa'afetai tele lava <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy and sad at the same time when people say the blog reminds them of their mother/grandmother's cooking. The video for making kopai is available on the recipe page. Happy cooking!

      Delete
    2. Fa'afetai tele lava!! 😘👏

      Delete
  7. I am so excited that I found your blog. Yay!! Makes me miss my Mum & her cooking even more. Looking forward to using your recipes so I can have my children experience what I grew up with. Thank you!! Also, any chance you could post how to make kopai please? Fa'afetai tele lava <3

    ReplyDelete