Thursday, December 9, 2010

Kale moa video

By panipopos

There are several ways you can adjust the kale moa recipe:
* As written in the last post, you can substitute up to half the liquid with coconut milk for a very rich kale.
* You can also substitute the water for chicken broth or vegetable broth.
* Season with worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
* Add tomatoes or tomato paste - tomato is a very nice base for kale.
* Add turmeric with the curry powder for yellower curry.
* Add garam masala at the end of cooking for deeper flavour.



http://panipopos.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, the video is very informative. I have been looking for a good recipe with Kale in it for awhile, I read a good review at capturinghappiness.com and have been excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, the kale you are referring to is a leafy green...this kale is Samoan "curry"...no leafy greens involved, though I guess you could throw some in if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cant stop myself from coming on your blog! I have just recently started up with cooking different kinds of foods and well I decided to back to my roots and let me just say I am very excited and thankful that I found your blog and videos!!! Love love LOVE THEM ALL!! I am making kale mamoe for christmas dinner cause its my husbands fav dish but I wanted to know how long do I boil the meat for to get the soft texture before adding the curry?..
    Thank you! Pepa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pepa, happy you enjoy the blog...the curry goes in first with the meat, so the meat can absorb the curry flavour...depending on what cut of lamb you're using, you'll have to simmer it for a minimum of 1/1.5 hours to get the mamoe nice and tender....think LOW and SLOW cooking and if possible, make it the day before you plan to serve it...All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this recepie written down here, or just the video demonstration? I would love to try it but I can't view the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolute love this video . It looks a lot easier & easy dish to make for the family. It'll be my first time making it. Thank you :) Manuia le Aso

    ReplyDelete