Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fa'alifu Video

By panipopos

Some of the people reading my blog are non-Samoans who want to give their Samoan spouse a taste from home. This fa'alifu post is for you. It's fast, easy, and guaranteed to please. I can imagine that in a Samoan Cooking 101 Course, this would be the first lesson. Fa'alifu is not something we eat every day, but on the days it's eaten, we are very happy peoples.



I've shown a couple of ways to make fa'alifu, but if anyone out there knows a different way to make it (and this goes for all my recipes), feel free to share.

http://panipopos.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. HI! I THINK YOUR BLOG IS GREAT! I'M EXCITED TO TRY SOME OF THESE RECIPES AND KNOW THEY'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE A RECIPE FOR SIKONI? DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I SPELLED IT RIGHT. THEY'RE THE LITTLE SWEET MUFFINS THAT ARE JUST YUMMY AND I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A RECIPE ANYWHERE ON-LINE. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thx for dropping by. Sikoni (Samoan for scone/s) is one of those "measure by experience" recipes and everyone makes it differently. The ones my mother makes are a cross between muffins and rock cakes, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, though I haven't had them in years. Next time I talk to the old lady, I'll ask her for her recipe and then decipher it for the blog. Good luck with your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUMMY!!! I always wanted to know how to make Fa'alifu and you make it look so easy. Fa'alifu taro with sapasui, fried chicken and fried pisupo with onions is my absolute FAVOURITE!! My stomach is rumbling just thinking about it lol. Can't wait to try this. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement...Fa'alifu is one of those things that everyone makes differently but always tastes good...Hope you try it!

    ReplyDelete